Well, Sibley Seahorses it's that time of year! Registration is Sunday, March 24 from 2 - 4 p.m. at the Sibley Forest clubhouse. Please bring your checkbook.
1. Registration forms - please print, complete and bring a checkbook to registration. If you are unable to attend the March 24 registration, you can complete the forms (please put in an envelope) and put them in my mailbox. My address is 718 Denmead Mill (Sibley Forest Subdivision). If you have any questions contact Andrea Stadler at 404-276-0518 (cell).
2. Eligible swimmers – age 5 to 18. Your child must be 5 years old by 5/31/13. This is a Cobb County Swim league requirement. Per the county, your child must be able to swim across the pool (25 meters). We would suggest swim lessons before the season starts, if you think your child is borderline and wants to join swim team.
3. Kastaways will be at registration, so please bring a separate check. The will do the suit fittings, and have apparel on hand to purchase. We have a new suit this year. However, it is similar to last season’s suit. Male suits are $38.16 (sizes 22-38), and female suits are $58.83 (size 22-24), and $60.42 (size 26-40). If you suit from last year fits, you can still wear it.
4. Swim meets will be during the swim season on Monday nights. However, we will not have a meet 5/27 due to Memorial Day, so we will have two meets the following week. Please see the attached manual for the swim meet dates, times and location.
5. Parents are the lifeblood and backbone to any volunteer organization We need you! Remember if you are registering your child for swimming, you are registering yourself for one of our volunteer positions.
6. We will have the website up and running by 4/2/13. This will be our primary source for information this season. Please see upcoming emails for details.
7. There are multiple changes to the Cobb County manual this year. However, it will not be available until next week. I will forward the PDF, as soon as they make it available.
8. Please read the Swim team handbook. It will answer any questions you may have regarding the swim team and the upcoming season.
I SAVED THE BEST FOR LAST!!!
2013 Coaching Staff
Will Odum-Head coach-Lifeguard certified
James Kendrick and Grant Oesterling-Assistant coaches-Lifeguard certified
Caroline Ford and Elizabeth Kendrick-Junior coaches
Katherine Barre-Apprentice coach